City of Gatesville

Spur Capital of Texas
Close-up flag of the United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I receive permission to burn in the city ?

Answer: City ordinance allows a limited type of open burning in the city limits.  Only small piles of leaves, branches, and grass may be burned. ALL open burning requires permission from the Fire Chief. 

Q: Do you need volunteers?

Answer:Yes ,we always need personnel. Please see our how to join link 

Q: How do I schedule a tour of the fire station?

Answer:           Contact any member           

                        Call FD 254-865-6416

                        Chief Vaden  254-216-3444


Q: How can someone request the Fire Safety House for a program.

Answer: Yes , but we will need advance notice of one week,to make sure a fire prevention specialist will be available.






City of Gatesville- The Spur Capital of Texas!