SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
OCTOBER 21, 2014
COUNCIL CHAMBER, 110 NORTH 8TH STREET
PRESENT: Mayor Byrom, Council Members Shepherd-Cain, Inmon, Woodlock, Viss, Chumley, and
OTHERS PRESENT: City Manager Roger Mumby, Assistant City Manager Luis Lobo, City Secretary Wendy Cole, and William H. Parry III
AN OPEN MEETING WAS HELD CONCERNING THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
1) CALL TO ORDER AT 5:35 P.M., THIS 21st DAY OF OCTOBER, 2014
2) PROOF OF NOTICE AND POSTING OF COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Mayor Byrom directed a question to City Secretary Wendy Cole if the notice of the meeting was posted at proper place and time pursuant to the Texas Opening Meeting Act (Tex. Gov’t. Code Chapter 551, Sec. 551.041) City Secretary Wendy Cole assured Mayor Byrom the notice was posted at the proper place and time.
Time: 3:00 p.m.
By: Wendy Cole
3) HEAR VISITORS
There were no visitors present.
4) RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CALL AN EXECUTIVE SESSION AT 5:36 P.M.
5) Closed Meeting
This closed meeting is in accordance with Government Code 551.074 – Personnel –
6) END PUBLIC HEARING AND RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING AT 7:30 P.M.
7) CONSIDER ANY ACTION FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION CONCERNING PERSONNEL MATTERS – CITY MANAGER
Following the Executive Session, Mayor Byrom asked if there was a motion. Councilmember Burrow moved to allow the City of Gatesville the authority to offer William H. Parry III employment with the City as City Manager.
Motion by Burrow, seconded by Chumley, all voting “Aye” to approve Resolution Number 2014-105
RESOLUTION NUMBER 2014-105 - approve the City of Gatesville the authority to offer William H. Parry III employment with the City as City Manager.
8) ADJOURN AT 7:38 P.M., THIS 21st DAY OF OCTOBER, 2014
Wendy Cole David K. Byrom
City Secretary Mayor